13 Facts About Indra Nooyi- The Path Changing Ceo Of Pepsico!
Indra Nooyi, the chairperson and CEO of soft drinks giant Pepsi is a regular in Forbes “Most Powerful Women”, it’s fair to say she is THE BOMB. She made mark into a mostly-men’s world holding big positions of CEO and chairpersons.
Here are 13 facts about this beautiful and powerful woman; Indra Nooyi for you.
- She was the lead guitarist in an all girls’ band.
- Just to earn extra 50 cents, she worked in the graveyard shift as a dorm receptionist.
- In PepsiCo’s 44 year old history, she is the 5thCEO.
- In 2007 & 2008, she was on the Time Magazine’s “100 Most Influential People In The World.
5.She was awarded Padma Bhushan by the Government of India in 2007.
- Her approximate net worth is $144 million as the CEO of PepsiCo.
- She was born in Chennai (Madras) in a Tamil Brahmin family.
- She loves Karaoke singing and has a karaoke machine at home.
- She is an alumnus of IIM Calcutta.
- Held various positions in Boston Consulting Group, Asea Brown Boveri, Motorola, Johnson and Johnson and Mettur Beardsell before joining PepsiCo.
- Pepsi’s net worth rose from $2.7 Billion to $6.5 Billion since Indra Nooyi started off as CFO in 2001.
- Her mother made her and her sister write speeches as different leaders– Chief Ministers, Presidents, Prime ministers- every night to be read after the end of each dinner.
- She used to study in Yale School of Management, but her parents were very hesitant as, if an unmarried girl went o The States alone, nobody will want to marry her. They wanted her to marry at a young age.
More Gossip, more Fun.